Matt Hamers, Web Developer of Enable the Label was actually new to web development at the start of the project. Enable the Label was his partner’s idea and he wanted to put his newly-found coding skills to the test by building the online platform for the business.
From the beginning, Matt knew he wanted a headless commerce backend system which made the search for a solution easier as there are very few headless systems that offer a wide selection of commerce features. Upon finding Moltin, Matt knew this was the right choice for him and his beginner-level development skills for the following reasons:
- The solution provided great documentation, even for beginner developers.
- He found a very helpful Moltin video tutorial series on how to set up a demo store with NextJS, ReactJS, and Moltin;
- A lot of out of the box implementations were easy to set-up. For example Enable the Label uses the Moltin + Postmark integration for emails and is looking to add Algolia in the future for search functionality.
Matt also appreciated the “best of breed” mindset of Moltin, as it gave him the flexibility and recommendations to use best-in-class solutions for different parts of his commerce technology stack and integrate them seamlessly via the Moltin APIs while still being able to use each service independently.
With Moltin, Enable the Label built a headless eCommerce web application built with ReactJS, NextJS, and NodeJS that was fully powered by the Moltin eCommerce APIs.
- Fast development timeline - Although Matt only had six months experience of coding, it took him, single-handedly, only 10 weeks to build their application!
- Reviews - Although still a brand new site and experience, they have received lots of feedback from the labels themselves, their first customers, colleague developers, press and influencers who were very positive about the full product experience that Enable the Label has managed to create with Moltin.
- Expandable and scalable - They have further projects on their roadmap that Moltin allows them to fulfil including a progressive web application dashboard where labels can view their orders, manage stock levels, generate packing notes and see statistics about the engagement of their label.
Would Enable the Label recommend Moltin to others?
“Definitely! For me as a Junior developer, I won’t say that it was easy to build a commerce platform from scratch, but Moltin definitely made it a lot easier for me. Their rock solid features together with the clear documentation and the incredible support from the support team enabled me as a Junior Developer to build an eCommerce platform that is reliable, safe and easy to scale in only 10 weeks.” - Matt Hamers, Web Developer, Enable the Label